Click here for the Atlantic Hockey & College Hockey America graduate internship job description.
Atlantic Hockey Association (an eleven member Division I men’s hockey conference, sponsoring a 11 team men’s league) and College Hockey America (a six-member Division I women’s hockey conference, sponsoring a 6 team women’s league) is seeking qualified applicants for a graduate internship in the conference office, located in Haverhill, Massachusetts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Sports Administration, Communications, Public Relations, or related field
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal communications skills
- Self-starter with ability to work independently, with multiple deadline-driven projects
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Mac platform (O/S 10)
- Able to work extended and varied hours, including evenings and weekends during the college hockey season
- 1-2 years experience, as an undergrad, working within a college athletic department (sports information, athletic marketing or hockey team)
- Familiarity with Atlantic Hockey and the eleven member institutions, as well as College Hockey America and the six member institutions
The Atlantic Hockey/College Hockey America Intern shall carry out the following duties:
- General Office duties (phone, filing, computer work)
- Oversight of volunteers and/or part-time tournament help
- Assistance with marketing/promotional opportunities and event coordination throughout the season in both men’s & women’s hockey
- Assistance with media issues and public relations, including dissemination of weekly and monthly press releases, polls, mailings, website, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by Commissioner and Director of Media Relations
The Atlantic Hockey/College Hockey America Intern will receive a eight-month appointment, requiring a flexible work schedule (with the exception of mandatory Mondays, from 9am until 2pm, and Thursdays from 9am to 2pm). On average, the position will include twenty hours per week in the office, with additional hours, nights and weekends during the entire 2014-15 season. Starting and ending dates will be determined based on the availability of the successful candidate. Compensation will include a monthly stipend of $1,000.00 payable on/around the 15th and 30th of each month.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume (including a list of at least three references with both telephone and email contact information) via email (preferred) to: Robert M. DeGregorio Jr., Commissioner, at email@example.com (Subject: Intern Search). You may also mail to Robert’s attention at the following address: Atlantic Hockey/College Hockey America; 220 Winthrop Street; Suite, 201; Winthrop, MA 02152, or fax application materials to 978-373-9642. Applicants who are selected for an interview will be invited to the Winthrop office as soon as possible.